What is Home Performance?
Home Performance is the building science approach to identifying and improving a home’s health, comfort, durability and energy efficiency.
Home Performance is not about gimmick products, selling the last fade or pushing a single product or service. Home Performance is about getting your home to function correctly by looking at the entire house as a system and applying building science best practices. Its seems like a basic enough concept but it is rarely put into practice.
Think about it. If you call an air conditioning contractor, an insulation company or a local window company, what are they going to sell you? Probably: a new A/C, more insulation or windows replacement. The reality is, all of the components of a home have a working relationship with each other. You can make any one of the abovementioned improvements and you may see results but the best approach is to look at the whole house as a system.
REEIS takes whole house approach to home performance. It starts by first evaluating the home with a Home Performance Audit then establishing the most cost effective strategy to deliver you real results.
Commons home performance improvements include:
- Sealing air leaks between the exterior and the interior space
- Sealing connectivity between the attic and the conditioned space
- Fixing insulation failures
- Improving insulation values
- Fixing pressure imbalances
- Reducing solar radiant heat gains
- Sealing heating & air conditioning system duct leakage
- Improving heating & air conditioning system performance
- Improving heating & air conditioning system air flow
- Replacing outdate heating and air conditioning systems
- Properly ventilating
REEIS carried general and HVAC licenses and holds a number of accreditations and certifications.