Why Audit First?
"It is the best 99 dollars you can spend on your home"
"I was amazed and what you found."
"To think all these years my house has had these issues and it was this simple to correct. Why didn't I do this earlier?"
"I cannot believe the amount of testing and information I received for $99. I still cannot figure out how this service only cost me $99."
"Finally a contractor with a real solution"
"I have heard about this from my neighbors. 99 bucks it is a great thing"
These are just a few of the comment from our clients about our $99 Home Performance Audit.
A Home Performance Analysis (Comprehensive Energy Audit) is an important step in identifying the conditions in your home which are affecting your family’s health, comfort, safety and energy efficiency. Every home is different with its own challenges. By performing the audit, REEIS can identify exactly what your home needs and develop a most cost effective strategy to meet your goals.
During a REEIS Home Performance Audit, a high trained professional uses sophisticated equipment to identify:
- Leaks in the air conditioning duct system
- Connectivity between the attic or exterior space and the conditioned space
- Insulation and thermal envelop failures
- Pressure imbalances
- Heating and air conditioning system operation
- Heating and air conditioning system air flow
REEIS’ Home Performance Audit service includes the following tests:
- Whole house blower door test – identified building envelope leaks and connectivity between spaces
- Pressure pan or duct blaster test – identified the amount of leakage which exists in a heating and air conditioning air delivery system (ducts)
- Thermal imaging – the use of a thermal imaging camera identifies insulation and thermal envelope failures
- Pressure testing – identifies pressure imbalances which exaggerate leaks, prevent heating and air conditioning systems to function correctly and draws polluted air into a home
- Static pressure – identifies if your heating and air conditioning system have the proper amount of air to meet the needs of the system. Many systems are starved for air
- Air flow – In conjunction with heat load assessments, measuring air flow can determine if the appropriate amount of CFM’s are delivered to any given space to insure proper comfort
- Combustible Appliance Zonal – is a safety test to insure that combustible appliances are operating in a safe environment. Pressure imbalances are known to draw poisonous gases into a home.
- Visual assessment – inspect the attic, exterior and interior of the home to identify problem areas.
Although these test are critical to the evaluation process, understanding the data and applying building science techniques requires a trained professional. REEIS’ Home Performance Analysts are certified, award winning professionals who explain their findings in a simple, easy to understand manner.
After the audit, your Home Performance Analyst will deliver you a comprehensive report explaining his/her findings and discuss your options. If you elect to make improvements based on our findings, your Home Performance Analyst will act as the project manager insuring the project is completed timely and meets are high quality standards.